Wednesday, April 11, 2007

beep beep

Listening to the news of a particular politician that will not be seeking re-election and instead will be going back to the family business has caused me to think. Currently this high-profile politician will be returning to a very lucrative position at an automobile manufacturing type of company just as rumours are cast that this large company may be looking to buy out a very large Name Brand car company. So, what does this have to do with me? Nothing, except it has me thinking about what some businesses do differently than others to succeed. How is it that this company became so large and lucrative? A company started by one man. And this one man whom actually rented out space within my grandfather's automobile parts company - helping him establish himself in the automobile industry. Truly I am curious to know if it is a combination of dedication, business savvy, sacrifice or what that had this man exceed beyond the limitations of those that gave him a start in the beginning. And, if I name drop, could I get a job?

2 comments:

elegant elliott said...

is that the same guy that left the head in the bucket?

Indecisive said...

Paint can. They put the head of the victim in a paint can, didn't they?
I love that to post a comment you must "Choose an identity". If only real life was like this!