Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My "Experiment"

Really it isn't an experiment, merely an observation. But by calling it an experiment it helps for me to not appear quite as scatter-brained and forgetful. Anyway, I digress. It has been about five months that I have been driving with an invalid sticker on my license plate. Granted I do have the valid sticker in my possession, I just have yet to replace it. Now to me the astonishing thing is the difference of a town's police force. In previous years when I had difficulties with an uncooperative sticker that wouldn't stay in place, therefore making it necessary for me to keep sticker inside the car, I've always have had quite a different experience. In the past, whilst living in a different area of the province, I'd been pulled over by what is known as the York Pork. And this would occur perhaps one month (at the most) past the date of the expired sticker visible. Is it clear what I'm carrying on about? How remarkably different the patrolling strategies of towns can be. In one town, in which the authoritarian units have been nicknamed, it takes only a mere four weeks for a money producing infraction to be spotted. And yet in another town, this apparent violation has yet to incur any charges. Now with mentioning this, I really should go take care of my sticker, just in case I become superstitious and jinx myself.

No comments: