Friday, July 11, 2008

I'd give my finger to the insurance company, but they already have everything else

I dislike my insurance company. I know, it's not an unusual thing to make such a statement. But why do I dislike mine? Just a few minor details, and perhaps you may understand why I harbor this resentment.

It was time to update my insurance and due to circumstances I had to go through another company, one that's more conveniently located. Everything seemed okay. That is until I noticed that my first payment did not go through. When I phoned the company and made the inquiry, I was informed that the broker with whom I was dealing with recently quit. Not too big of a deal, right? Except she didn't file my application before resigning so I was essentially without insurance.
Eventually I get this all sorted out only to learn my first payment does not go through again, but this time it is because it's not the expected two month payment but three months. Three months? Is that normal. Again, I must make contact with the company, (which incidentally does not have a real office in the general area) and they tell me how long I have to make the payment and where. Today I go to the office (where I filled out the application) and wouldn't you know it, nobody is there - it's closed with a sign attached stating someone would be back soon. So I wait, and wait. Finally the agent returns only for me to learn that no I cannot pay by debit as the person at the head office told me I could. So over 30 minutes waiting for zilch.

I know, I know. Others have had it alot worse and I should be happy just to be able to get insurance. But I don't care about the other people, I'm only concerned with me.

No comments: