Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Vote for Nature

The other day I was pursuing my bookmarked web pages and among them was the Nature Canada website. The leading article, Vote for Nature, prompted me to send the petition included to all of the political parties in Canada. The significance of this whole thing is that not a few days later, I received an email from the NDP (New Democrats) stating their support for animal welfare and other relevant platform issues. It truly is appreciated that there is a response when addressing politicians, albeit a template for responses, to confirm that perhaps some of our concerns are being addressed by the fat cats.

Also included is a link for WSPA and all of the leaders' responses regarding animal welfare. They encourage us to read each party's response to assess exactly what their views are. Granted one's personal opinion, or even what they promise is significantly different from what they actually do, but it's still moderately informative. WSPA Vote for Animals

As you may notice, the Conservatives chose not to respond to the survey, which makes it abundantly clear the level of importance animal welfare is on their agenda. hmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention of our election web site -- and for contacting your local candidates. I personally experienced the same thing you did; my NDP candidate provided the fullest response to my letter, and the conservative candidate didn't answer them at all. All I got was an email from an aide asking for my mailing address!

Indecisive said...

It was my pleasure.