Saturday, October 04, 2008

Comradery

There is a group I am envious of ~ motorcycle enthusiasts. As they pass one another on the roads, there is that gesture of acceptance and recognition, all with the simple wave 'hello'. These riders typically don't know each other, they just see a fellow rider and wave in a statement to say, "we have similar passions". I'd love to have that sort of comradery. There has been a brief moment in which I considered myself on a motorcycle, but then I remember it took me until the age of 12 before I was able to master the pedal bike. And using the term 'master' is being quite generous for my cycling skills. So do I wave to each vehicle that is similar to mine? What would be the criteria? And would it work as I'd be the only person doing so, thereby looking like a complete nutter. There'd be no comradery, just some confused drivers.
oh well.

No comments: